Healthy Linseed Bircher-Style Muesli
This is a healthy low GI, Gluten-free, nutrient-rich, power-packed breakfast that is ideal to take to work with you. It’s very sustaining to see you through a long day. Like Bircher Muesli, I often make it the night before for ease.
Delicious, rich in Omega-3, high in Fibre
It’s my all-time favourite breakfast as a treat when I get a Sunday off.
You can choose any of the Flaxjacks, Gluten-free or Low Sugar if you prefer. You can also substitute any other ingredients you prefer or have to hand. I always keep a supply of frozen Berries in the freezer just to make this Muesli.
The Flaxjack helps increase the Protein content and provides an amazing, 4g helping of Omega-3 and lots of tummy-friendly Linseed Fibre.
- 1 x Cranberry, Apple & Cinnamon Flaxjacks (any other plan or fruity Flaxjacks works well)
- 1 x Apple
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 x tablespoon of pumpkin or other seeds
- 1 x tablespoon of chopped nuts or more seeds
- 3 x tablespoons of natural pourable yoghurt, kefir or milk (non-dairy milk is fine)
- 1 x tablespoons honey or maple syrup (or other sweetened to taste)
- 50 x grams of berries (any fresh or frozen)
- Chop Flaxjack into cubes or break roughly and place in a wide-necked Kilner or similar jar of approximately 400-600 ml.
- Grate or finely chop Apple and mix with the Lemon Juice. (I use a mini food processor.) Place on top of Flaxjack in the jar.
- Now add Yoghurt or Kefir and top with Berries. Drizzle with Honey or other sweeteners to taste. Top with Nuts and Seeds.
- Eat immediately or put in fridge overnight and remember to take it to work with you in the morning. Eat straight from the jar or turn out into a cereal bowl. Enjoy!